Monday 2 August 2010 | By: Letty

The beginning...

I have always found it interesting the idea of having a blog… But I used to wonder… What the hell am I going to write about? Then came the first idea… I have already lived through so interesting situations and seen so many wonderful things in my travels, not that I have traveled around the world… faaaar from it… But I still have a lot to recommend and stories to tell… Why not then create a blog about travels? Where I could, little by little, tell a bit of these funny events? It is decided then, I will create the Around the World” blog to share all that.
Then came another idea that kept also bugging me… I have so many public profiles in these so called “social networks” about subjects I really enjoy… Tripadvisor, for my travels, Goodreads for my books, Raptr for my games, last.fm for my music, and of course Twitter, Facebook and an online photoalbum, who doesn’t have one of those? There are other not so relevant profiles, but still they are part of communities I belong and I would like to share them. So, I have all these profiles and nowhere I could connect them all, show that I am not only interested in that particular subject.
Together with this thought came again the blog idea… I don’t love travelling alone, I also love reading, watching good movies and/or TV series, playing games, etc. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a blog that comprises a bit of everything? But… Wouldn’t it get confusing and all the information would get lost? Moreover, I love those cute little thematic blogs *_*
And at last came the final idea… It may not be the best, but in my case it was what left me more at ease: why not build a blog network? One of travels, one of literature, one for music, one for every subject I wish for, with one single “key” blog connecting them all together? Whoever wants to get a panoramic view of all I have/post will visit only this single one. On the other hand, who is looking for only an specific type of blog, or subject would follow just the one they are interested in… Crazy? Yeah… Megalomaniac? Hell, yeah… Will I ever be able to go through with this? No idea… Mainly after taking into account the life of a graduate student (which I would also like to have a blog about)… But then, it is what I decided for… It is what I feel like trying… So… Let’s go!!

PS: Brazilian friends, don’t be mad at me for writing in English, I started it in Portuguese, but then I remembered that everything else I have is in English (my photoalbum, my Twitter, my Facebook… then why not also this one?) Besides, I know most of you can perfectly understand, and it is an incredible practice for me (maybe I should consider making a blog in French? Or one in German? XD)

0 comments:

Post a Comment